Share this Page:
Sharon Deveson Kell represented the kidney cancer community at the Big Cancer52 Conversation held at Canary Wharf, London on 14 June 2023. This event brought together people from the NHS, the pharmaceutical industry and cancer charities for rare and less common cancers to network and talk about the big issues facing cancer patients today. Please watch the following video for more information about the event, which is likely to become an annual event:
Presentation were made by
- David Fitzgerald, Director of Policy and Strategy for the NHS Cancer Programme at NHS England about accelerating the NHS early diagnosis strategy for all cancers: David Fitzgerald – NHS England
- Dr Richard Torbett, CEO, Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI) about how industry can work with others to support patients with rare and less common cancers: Dr Richard Torbett – ABPI
- Tony Colville, Managing Director, The Cancer Awareness Trust, about the Cancer Platform, a free to use global website and app for everyone affected by cancer. From prevention prevention, to testing, treatment, living with cancer, clinical trials and end of life. Tony Colville – The Cancer Awareness Trust
Broadly, the four themes that came out of the meeting were:
- The pharmaceutical industry and charities working better together
- Staging of blood and brain cancers
- Addressing health inequalities
- Improving patient involvement with clinical trials.
Please email us for more information about this event.